**SAVE THE DATE**
2020 AIA Conference: Aug 1, 2020 (Saturday)
Thanks to our 2019 Presenters, Vendors, Sponsors, and Participants for another successful Adventures in Autism Conference!
View ALL 2019 Conference Presentations Online HERE:
2019 Keynote Presentations: View the Keynote Presentations!
- "Next Year Is Now - Educating Children With Autism Is A Team Game”
- "Helping School-Aged Students With Autism Succeed In General Education Classrooms"
- "Typical and Atypical Development: Social Communication - When Should We Be Concerned?"
- "Safety Issues in Children with ASD and Other Developmental Disabilities"
- Thirty Years Plus of Lessons Learned in Early Identification and Intensive Interventions in ASD: Questions and Answers with Dr. Pauline Filipek
- More than 20 other breakout presentations! Check out our Conference Presentations page to see more!
2019 Keynote Speakers
Pauline A. Filipek, MD
Pauline A. Filipek, MD, is a Professor of Pediatrics in McGovern Medical School’s Division of Child and Adolescent Neurology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She serves as Director of The Developmental Neurology Clinic and the LoneStar LEND Program. Her clinical and research passions have been focused for many years on identifying the earliest signs of ASD. She has chaired on the American Academy of Neurology/ Child Neurology Society Committee to create Practice Parameters for Screening and Diagnosis of Autism, the first such published guideline. She also served on the National Research Council Committee that authored Educational Interventions for Children with Autism.
William L. Heward, EdD, BCBA-D
William L. Heward, EdD, BCBA-D, is a Professor Emeritus in the College of Education and Human Ecology at The Ohio State University. A Fellow and Past President of the Association for Behavior Analysis International and has presented lectures and workshops in over 21 countries. His publications include the books, Applied Behavior Analysis (with John Cooper and Tim Heron), Sign here: A Contracting Book for Children and Their Parents. (with Jill Dardig), and Exceptional Children: An Introduction to Special Education. Dr. Heward has received several awards for his contributions to the field of Behavior Analysis and research interests include "low-tech" methods for increasing the effectiveness of group instruction in inclusive classrooms.